Well, 2018 was a whirlwind year for us at Main Street Formals. Let’s take a look back, and then a look ahead!
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Continuing on the success of our recent formalwear showroom remodel, we pressed on with our capital improvements to help us provide a spectacular and unique customer experience. As our loyal customers know, during peak seasons, seating has always been a challenge, so we added a farmer’s porch to create a spacious outdoor seating area, and our enormous new suit showroom (more to come on that below) offers even more seating! No more feeling like you’re packed in a fishbowl. Complimenting this, we installed an overpowered new HVAC system to keep you cool when the thermometer rises. Are you feeling the love yet?
NEW SUIT SHOWROOM
Next, let’s talk about our magnificent new suit showroom! With this new space, we can now stock roughly 400% more inventory at a time when our competitors are scaling down. (Wow!) How are customers responding to our new man cave? Well, our new office is located off to the side of this new space, and we giggle every time a couple walks into the new space and whispers, “Holy ****.” (Incidentally, you’re all a bunch of potty mouths.) While it took seemingly forever to get the space up and running, we are positively thrilled by how well you’ve received it. If you ever want to just sit by the fireplace and relax with a copy of Let Me off at the Top by Ron Burgundy, you are welcome to visit as long as you’d like.
NEW BLAZERS, PANTS, SHOES, & MORE!
The addition of the new showroom freed up our existing, smaller, suit showroom, so we are now able to offer you some pretty exciting new products! We now stock hundreds of amazing new sportcoats and blazers, and we also run a gorgeous new line of slim-fit dress trousers in sizes 28-44. Furthermore, we’ve added a selection of fabulous retail dress shoes and a growing collection of men’s dress shirts. As always, our in-stock selection of neckwear and accessories is unrivaled in the region, at prices you’ll love.
NEW TAILOR SHOP
And we’re not done! By moving our office to the addition, we were able to transition our tailor shop to a much bigger space on our first floor. We added two industrial machines and industrial pressing equipment (which stunningly, someone actually noticed!). The new tailor shop is bigger and better equipped than ever before, and we’ve added climate-control for the staff so that they can be comfortable as they work. It’s not like we were running a sweatshop before, but it got pretty hot upstairs. It’s practically like a resort in the new space now! 😉
What’s left? We still have to paint the building this spring, and then add some snazzy signage. Parking improvements are under consideration as well, namely the removal of more trees from our overflow lot. We’re not paving the lawn unless you’re paying for it.
As you can see, we crammed a ton of NEW into the customer experience for 2019, so please come down and say hello, and let us know what you think!
Main Street Formals extends a heartfelt message of gratitude to these talented and dedicated individuals who moved heaven and earth to get this done for us:
- Ray Lague, the unflappably calm master carpenter who built our addition and the porch. We have to give him credit, but we wish we could keep him anonymous so that we didn’t have to share him with everyone else.
- Guillotte & Sons, who built our foundation (and who repointed our old brick steps more times than we can count). Amazing local business.
- Brian Miranda of Miranda HVAC, who installed our new system and is always there when we need him. Salt of the earth.
- Tim Major, our electrician, who always gets the job done on time, and who even brings us venison jerky and homemade maple syrup!
- Eversource, who came through on our meter and gas service relocation, when we feared it was going to derail us.
- The Town of Acushnet, who were exceedingly patient as we completed each stage of construction.
Let’s compare both options so that you can make an informed decision.
RENT YOUR WEDDING OUTFIT
1) IT’S EASIER If renting your formalwear, you only need to take two fittings. The first fitting takes five minutes and should be done at least 4-6 weeks before your wedding. We carry tons of product in house, and when we need more during peak seasons, we can simply call for back-up from our countless suppliers, so “running out” isn’t really a problem. Your second fitting (60-90 minutes 1-2 days before the wedding) is also easy. If anything doesn’t fit, we fix it while you wait, and then you take it home on the same day.
2) SIZE DOESN’T MATTER. Rental formalwear is convenient. Every rental tux and suit style is cut down to a Boy’s 4 (sometimes even smaller), and up to a 70R (sometimes larger), so no matter what size your attendants, they can all match.
3) IT’S AFFORDABLE. The Number 1 reason people rent? It’s
affordable. Consider: The MSRP on most rental ensembles is about $600-900. You have a personal stylist helping you make a selection. We expertly measure each man’s body. Every rental includes an average of $50-75 in complimentary custom tailoring. And then we clean everything between rentals. (Naturally.) So, soup to nuts, it’s like wearing a $800-1000 ensemble for $150 or so. Good deal, right?
PURCHASE YOUR WEDDING OUTFIT
1) WE NEED LEAD TIME. It’s like the process you probably used with your bridesmaids’ gowns. We don’t order the suits for your group until we have collected ALL of your measurements. Don’t procrastinate, or your first choice might be sold out before the order is placed. The first fitting takes 5 minutes or so; ideally, these would be completed 3+ months in advance, although we’ve worked some miracles in short time spans.
2) NO GUARANTEES. No selection is guaranteed until our suppliers confirm all of the required sizes are available in time for your event. Later, when the suits have arrived at the store, each man returns for a second fitting, which takes 30-60 minutes. Ideally, these second fittings are completed at least four weeks before the event, to allow time for tailoring, which is a separate fee.
3) SIZE MATTERS. Retail suits have limited size scales. Most are made as small as a 36S and up to a 54L, but we can get many traditional sizes in a broader range. However, if the suit you desire is made up to a 54 and your best man is a 58, you may have to decide on an alternative suit (or an alternative best man).
4) BOYS SUITS. In most cases, suits companies that manufacture suits for adults do not manufacture suits for children. Therefore, if you decide on retail, any boys in your wedding party will not be able to wear the exact same suit as the adults. We match them from our boy’s suit suppliers as best we can. Accessories are not included and can be rented or purchased separately. Boy’s suit purchases do not count toward your head count for your wedding special package.
5) IT’S MORE EXPENSIVE. We believe our retail suit program offers tremendous value, but it is a lot more work, and skilled labor isn’t cheap. All labor is priced a la carte, and many customers elect to include rental or retail accessories, which are priced accordingly. We permit three fittings on retail suits: the first two, explained above, and a final fitting on pickup day, 1-2 days before the wedding. If you are on an Atkins diet, Crossfit, etc., and we have to re-tailor your suit because your body changed, you will be charged for the extra fittings and the extra labor.
Have we ever done you a favor? Well, then, today we’re calling one in from you. Main Street Formals has been nominated as “Best Men’s Clothing Store,” and if we don’t win it again, then some of the staff fears they might be sleeping with the fishes. So, please take two minutes of your time, and visit this link to vote for the Biggest Little Tux Shop in New England. We’re nominated in two categories: Best Men’s Clothing Store (that’s the important one), and Best Place to Work (which we have no business winning, because we all know Robert is a hot head like Sonny Corleone). Donna at Acushnet Creamery deserves that one.
Not sure if we’re the best men’s clothing store? We’re working really hard right now to earn your vote. We have new products, new specials–there are negotiations being made that are going to answer all of your questions and solve all of your problems. That’s all we can tell you right now. (Don’t worry. Robert doesn’t like violence. He’s a businessman. Blood is a big expense.)
Sure, winning in 2017 was great. But we can’t rest on our laurels. Times have changed. It’s not like the Old Days — when we can do anything we want. We need your vote. A refusal is not the act of a friend. So don’t ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you’re not going to vote for us, please tell us right away, because Robert is a man who insists on hearing bad news at once.